Apr 27, 2005

The Ghost In The Machine



jo©

For years I have looked across the living room from the couch at this photo. I was always struck by how happy my parents looked and how proud my father looked in particular.

When I took this photo down from the wall and unframed it to scan I found the picture of our house in Sterling underneath. There's a lengthy explanation to go along with that but it's a story for another time.

After I scanned this wedding photo and cropped it I was shocked to notice something that had escaped my gaze all these years. Though my parents look happy and my dad looks so proud, their hands are actually unclasped. I took this poorly. It brought a whole new meaning to a photo that is over 48 years old.

Though I've always known pretty well the relationship my parents had, this brought a new dimension and insight to me.

As if to taunt me, Hello went on the fritz shortly thereafter and began mocking me by posting this bothersome image over and over.

1955-2005

Bottom line: This man became domineering and controlling and this woman smoked because it was out of his control.
In 1988 he shot himself and left a note telling his seven survivors to take care of each other because he was tired.
Today, this lady has cancer, in part, because of this man, who is no longer here to care for her.

I'm a little pissed off. 4.27.05

Addendum: 5.5.05

The lady
is thinking
of giving in
and letting
the guy
have another chance
in the next lifetime

No comments: