Jun 4, 2007

Alan Duane Eames

 
Posted by Picasa


When a friend of mine recently sent me this picture of myself and Alan Eames in the Gleason's kitchen I thought about looking him up. Sadly, I learned this past weekend that Alan Eames passed away on February 10 2007.

Alan was a kind and generous man with knowledge and a passion and zest for life enough for ten men. He was intelligent, articulate and witty.

He was also kind and generous. He sheltered me for a semester when I attended Mt Wachusett Community College as an art student back in the mid '70's when he was just bringing his vision for beer to fruition.

He extended his generosity at a time when he was struggling himself.

I'm honored to have known such a kind and loving person. I regret that I'll never get the chance to thank him for his selfless support.

Give em hell Alan.

I won't say rest in peace. Instead- enjoy the freedom to go everywhere.

Till we meet again, Josie.

NY Times


The Guardian

Memorial site: The Secret Life of Alan Eames

<:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:><:>

Art Quote of the Day
Thinking is more interesting than knowing, but less interesting than looking.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: