Mar 28, 2007

Almost Sunset



josiesoho™

Having 775 square feet of playspace all to myself is such a gift. It's the beginning of a whole new phase of life for me. I decided to forgo renovating my house for now in the interest of developing myself in preparation for what I call my new life.

My children are growing up. I've now got a 17 and a 21 year old. In another year the first one will be contemplating grad school and the second will be entering college. They're a little worried about their mother, afraid she'll run off and leave them to fend for themselves. My peers understand that I'm poising myself to have a focus beyond my children. A safety net against the empty nest syndrome that might hit hard after so many years of single motherhood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture and great post.

The pictures you post here are exceptionally nice. I've always been a photo bug, and have been taking a lot with my cell phone cam (surprisingly good for what it is), especially since I can take them in black and white...

Anyway, keep up the good work.

merlinprincesse said...

You are a lucky and strong woman! I admire you!

Jozee said...

Thanks Hal. Cell phone cams are cool. It's not the equipment that matters. It's the eye of the beholder. ;-)

Thank you Helene. Yes, I do still feel lucky and I feel stronger than ever! Thank you!