Jan 12, 2007

Cambodian Fishing Boats


originally uploaded by Josie Soho™.



Getting back to the story about the Church Bootscraper. This is the sight that led me to ignore the crazy lady pursuing me, telling me I was following her. I brushed her off. She was obviously sing ching bing (Chinese for crazy). Not to mention she was also galli galli (skinny like a witch).

Five years of being a Caucasian waitress in an Asian restaurant has colored my vocabulary.

At any rate, I disregarded her and the questionable minister.
Just the first people to question me as a photographer in a string of very many.

I am a hesitant photographer, cautious not to draw attention to myself but it never works. Perhaps it's because I don't have a fear of Asian ghettos at 7 am and walk alleyways early in the morning alone. Foolhardy I know, but it's my planet too and perhaps that bit of entitlement pushes me to explore places others won't go.

That and the fact that the bohemian trapped in this white bread appearing form is an odd sight to these people. A camera just makes me edgier I guess.

Anyway my point is- that even though I shun portrait photography, there is human interaction attached to nearly every pic I take.

By the way, spellchecking Caucasian on Ask tells me that a Caucasian is also the name for a White Russian according to the Webtender. Perhaps I'll have one tonight. Happy Friday! recipe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very funny and mucho talented an unbeatable combination...

Jozee said...

ty bebe