Saturday in Foxtown
The dam had just been opened.
This is the Deerfield River and glacial potholes.
Many,many people swim here because it's just a small river when the dam is closed.
Swimming isn't really allowed but many ignore the rule.
The part that is engulfed now is ledges and potholes when the dam is closed.
The potholes are fascinating.They retain water and people dive in them.
The orange sign is a warning to clear out if you hear the alarm that precedes the dam opening again.
My parents used to bring me here on day trips.We explored the potholes up close but never lingered to swim. We looked in hurried fascination.
It's a place I find myself returning to periodically.

3 comments:
I hope you put this up on SC--please!
nice capture. its a very powerful image
Thank you very much raindog. Happy New Year!
Ginnie, I will put this on Shutterchance.
I'm having a little issue over there right now though. Anytime I load a pic that was shot with my camera held vertically it loads on Shutter horizontally. Don't know if it's me or the site.
This nonpaying job we've accepted is very challenging!
Post a Comment